Due to COVID-19, I have been let go from my previous job and am currently looking for a marketing role in Austin, TX. Please contact me if my skill set matches an open position at email@example.com. I am extremely interested in marketing manager or senior marketing specialist positions, especially in the healthcare or tech industry.
Bradley University | Peoria, Illinois
2013 Bachelors of Science in Communications
Concentration in Advertising + Minor in Interactive Media | 2009 – 2013
- 3.65 Overall GPA | Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List x 5 | Presidential Scholarship ’09 – ’13 | National Society of Leadership & Success ’10 | The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi ’10
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing Certified
Google Analytics Individual Certified
Google Ads Display
Google Ads Search
Social Media Certified
Content Marketing Certified
Email Marketing Certified
Inbound Marketing Certifified
Becoming a Marketing Manager
Becoming a Digital Marketing Specialist
Content Marketing Foundations
Content Marketing for Social Media
Leading a Marketing Team
Leadership Strategies for Women
Marketing During a Crisis
Social Media Marketing Foundations
Registered Therapy Dog Team | Aug 2010 – Jul 2015, Dec 2018 – Present
- Visit medical centers, nursing homes, schools, and the like with my two dogs, Lola and Kai
- More information about ATD can be found here
Volunteer Photographer | Jan 2014 – Present
- HeARTs Speak is a global network of photographers, writers, graphic designers, sculptors, painters, illustrators, and animal advocates providing their time and professional services pro bono to animal welfare organizations in their communities.
- 2x Petco Foundation Calendar Photographer
Animal Assisted Therapy Team | Aug 2010 – Dec 2010, Feb 2019 – Dec 2019
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Illinois are pleased to offer animal-assisted therapy to patients because they believe in treating the emotional as well as the physical needs of patients.
- Animal Assisted Therapy uses highly trained animals and handlers to help patients achieve specific physical, social, cognitive, and emotional goals.
- Specially trained therapy dogs and their owners will, on request, visit the hospital to bring comfort to patients, reduce stress, anxiety, pain, blood pressure, and increase patient social interaction and communication.
- More information about OSF’s Paws 4 Healing program can be found here
Walk/Run Peoria Committee Member | Mar 2018 – Sep 2018
- I assisted with the traditional and digital marketing for the Peoria St. Jude Run/Walk event.
Volunteer Therapy Dog Team | December 2010 – July 2015
- Visited patients and their families to bring comfort while they received and waited to receive their chemotherapy
Jan 2020 - Apr 2020
Digital Content Specialist
Dec 2018 – Dec 2019
Oct 2017 – Dec 2018
Marketing Consultant + Digital Expert
Aug 2016 – Oct 2017
Oct 2015 – Aug 2016
Feb 2015 – October 2015
Marketing / Sales Assistant + Project Manager
Jan 2014 – Sep 2015
Marketing Specialist + Photographer
Aug 2012 – Feb 2015
Apr 2012 – Jun 2014
Promotions Assistant, Graphic Designer, + Photographer
Dec 2011 - Present
Freelance Photographer + Marketing Consultant
Aug 2010 – May 2012 Webmaster, Graphic Designer, + Social Media Specialist
Sonic Healthcare USA | Austin, Texas
Digital Content Specialist | Jan 2020 – Apr 2020
Sonic Healthcare USA is a division of Sonic Healthcare Limited, one of the largest diagnostic laboratory medicine companies in the world. We aspire to help people live better, healthier lives. SHUSA focuses on delivering the highest quality laboratory information through our unique Medical Leadership model and federated structure, through regional diagnostic laboratories operating across the United States. I was laid off due to COVID-19.
• Managed web content requests (completed 89 web requests in 2.5 months, often within hours of receiving them) and other web-based projects, including spearheading the creation of a company store for employees
• Built website pages in accordance with project requirements, recommended best practices, and functionality to clients, patients, and providers
• Worked closely with designers and vendors to develop creative content for digital and external channels, ensuring a consistent brand voice was maintained
• Assisted in marketing efforts by managing, planning, creating, scheduling, organizing, editing, and publishing content for external channels
• Kept up with online content trends and best practices to incorporate them into overall digital strategy
• Performed regular reviews of web content to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and relevance
• Ensured the websites were up to date with ADA compliance and managed broken links, PDFs, and other entities
ARi | East Peoria, Illinois
Marketing Manager | Dec 2018 – Dec 2019
ARi is a leading provider of integrated engineering solutions and a market leader in engine and powertrain testing. Powered by the strength of our people, process and technology, we constantly strive to deliver quality solutions and premier engineering services. When you choose ARi, you have selected a business partner who is passionate about excellence in delivery, innovation, and getting the job done right the first time.
• Executed a variety of roles within the marketing and sales department while reporting directly to the President/CEO
• Managed and facilitated monthly customer newsletter (average open rate of 27.7%) and quarterly internal newsletter (average open rate of 78.2%) to nearly 1,000 employees
• Created and implimented brand guidelines to standardize the overall look and feel
• Managed website (26.49% increase in page views) via WordPress and social media channels, including Facebook (engagement increased 175%), LinkedIn (views increased 44%), Instagram (reach increased >1,000%), and Twitter (impressions increased 190%)
• Created all published materials including marketing campaign materials, company collateral, press releases, etc…
• Created, collaborated, and drafted content for company website via WordPress
• Coordinated with India marketing team to ensure a consistent global message
• Supervised and managed one marketing intern from Bradley University
Cumulus Media | Peoria, Illinois
Marketing Consultant + Digital Expert | Oct 2017 – Dec 2018
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 447 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
• Consultative sales – uncovered client’s small business marketing challenges and business needs, then delivered a solution through radio, digital, and promotional advertising; added roughly $70k to the pipeline in 1 year
• Developed creative proposals using qualitative and quantitative data in order to make justifiable recommendations to prospective clients to improve their brand awareness in the local market
• Established and preserved multiple strong client relationships
• Created a 2-month long campaign for 2 Peoria-area golf courses, where we served 200,001 impressions through geofencing and contextual ads, had a CTR of .17%, and 261 recorded weighted actions
Promotions Assistant, Graphic Designer, + Photographer | Apr 2012 – Jun 2014
• Designed all promotional materials for our 5 radio stations – posters, flyers, staff badges, Twitter backgrounds, t-shirts, etc.
• Photographed various concerts, events, remote broadcasts, and promotions to use on the station websites and social media pages
• Wrote blog posts for all websites, but especially for 105.7 the X, our active rock station, including a two-part post that got over 10,000 unique page views
Local Search Association | Peoria, Illinois
Marketing Coordinator | Aug 2016 – Oct 2017
The Local Search Association (LSA) is a not-for-profit industry association of media companies, agencies and technology providers who help businesses market to local consumers. LSA has 300 members in 20 countries and the Association helps these members realize the power of local marketing and commerce through conferences, consulting, insights, advocacy and more. // The MarketingBitz.com site was developed by the LSA in order to educate, empower and help small businesses improve their digital marketing effectiveness.
• Managed email campaigns and lists for LSA Recas [co-op advertising database] clients – which consisted of roughly 8,000 sales reps and creative staff for newspaper, radio, and tv
• Created promotional and educational materials, including web graphics, flyers, videos, etc. to add value for customers and increase attendance to our events
• Contributed to LSAinsider and MarketingBitz blogs – two of my posts received the 1st and 3rd most views on the MarketingBitz website in 2017: The Importance of Using Good Imagery on Social Media and 5 Advertising Mistakes You May Not Realize You’re Making
CSE Software | Peoria, Illinois
Multimedia Developer | Oct 2015 – Aug 2016
Developing technology to educate, inform, experience, and inspire. What makes CSE different? It’s technology in the right hands. CSE Software Inc. is located in the heart of the warehouse district in Peoria, Illinois. A technology company Founded in 1990 by Ken Pflederer, our current client base consists of large, Fortune 500 companies and small, family-owned businesses. No company is too large or small to reap the benefits of our comprehensive services, which include: development of websites, mobile apps, eLearning, and custom software; support, fulfillment and distribution, and serious gaming / simulation.
• Quickly and consistently created digital graphics for in-house and multiple client projects
• Used WordPress to update and maintain our own website, as well as multiple client websites – CSE Software, Health Scholars, and Cat Simulators
• Facebook likes grew by nearly 15% while in my care and engagement rose from 23% to 26.4%
• Shot and edited photography/videography work for clients + our own marketing material
• Used Inkling to create training modules for client
Alpha Media Peoria | Peoria, Illinois
Marketing / Sales Assistant + Project Manager | Feb 2015 – Oct 2015
Alpha Media LLC is a diverse multimedia company based in Portland, Oregon. Alpha Media owns 68 radio stations in 12 markets, along with two theaters (in Portland and San Antonio) and a (former) digital marketing firm in Peoria, Illinois.
• Assisted sales team in creating presentations and proposals for clients
• Contributed to the development of comprehensive advertising strategies for clients, as well as creating the client’s deliverable
• Served as client liaison and project manager for various interactive media projects – websites, mobile apps, etc.
Limelight Eventplex | Peoria, Illinois
Promotions Assistant, Graphic Designer, + Photographer | Jan 2014 – Sep 2015
Limelight Eventplex was your home for Peoria’s most intimate and exciting event center and concert venue. Designed and built by musicians, for musicians, this dynamic venue is Central Illinois’ most intimate, fan- and band-friendly facility for live music and other performances. Limelight featured local, regional, national and even global touring acts.
• Designed all promotional materials for the venue – posters, brochures, website + social media images, etc.
• Established and ran social media profiles, including Facebook and Twitter, increasing engagement 62% and the website, increasing traffic 22%
• In-house photographer, taking all photographs for promotional purposes of the venue
Peoria Camera Shop | Peoria, Illinois
Co-Assistant Manager | Aug 2012 – Feb 2015
Since 1937, Peoria Camera has been serving Central Illinois for all its photographic needs. They carry several models of cameras from the most popular and best-known manufacturers to choose from and all the accessories to go with them. The in-house lab (which is one of only a handful left in the country) can print any size and many different gifts from a variety of media.
• Provided exemplary customer service to all patrons and staff, particularly with helping customers pick out cameras, equipment, and print products
• Assisted in the training, managing, and supervising of four other employees
• Contributed to marketing and promotional activities including in-store and off-site events, marketing materials, print advertisements, social media, and blogging of educational content
• Organized stockroom – scan products to make sure they are properly priced and placed them in their proper place in the stockroom or on the sales floor
Bradley University Athletics Marketing Department | Peoria, Illinois
Graphic Designer, Webmaster, + Social Media Manager | Aug 2010 – May 2012
Bradley University is a private university in Peoria, Illinois. Founded in 1897, Bradley University enrolls ~5,400 students who are pursuing degrees in more than 100 undergraduate programs and more than 30 graduate programs in five colleges. Bradley is a member of the Missouri Valley Conference. Conference-approved sports at Bradley for men are baseball, basketball, cross country running, golf, indoor and outdoor track, and soccer. Women’s’ sports consist of basketball, cross country running, golf, indoor and outdoor track, softball, tennis, and volleyball.
• Only in-house graphic designer for Athletics Marketing Department
• Updated and maintained the Bradley Red Sea website, Facebook page, and Twitter –gaining over 1,100 additional likes while in my care
• Created various advertisements (flyers, posters etc.) promoting Bradley Athletic events to be displayed around campus, newspapers, and billboards as well as designed t-shirts for events and games
• Attended athletic events to photograph students and events for promotional purposes and to encourage students to tag themselves on our Facebook page
Kirsten has been an incredible asset to our digital marketing team at Sonic Healthcare USA. She immediately stepped-in over the last few months. She was a significant contributor in helping us develop and implement our digital marketing strategy in a highly regulated environment. I found Kirsten to be able to successfully equalize the creative aspect of her position while driving much-needed standardization and marketing operations. As a digital marketer, she always stretched outside her day-to-day deliverables to ensure our digital presence was cohesive, driving brand consistency. Kirsten is a great team player and willing to assist in multiple marketing capacities. I found Kirsten to be extremely creative, motivated, intelligent, pragmatic, logical, and process-oriented. Kirsten has my full endorsement.
– Kristin Barneby
VP of Marketing & Communications
I had the pleasure of managing Kirsten at Sonic Healthcare USA. She was an absolute asset to the team and I was very impressed with her work ethic and skills. She is detail-oriented and very deadline-driven. She caught onto the Umbraco system quickly and was always willing to help on projects or quick website wins. In the time that she was not assigned a project, she would find things to improve on our websites and take initiative when she was not asked. I highly recommend her and she would be a great addition to any team.
– Nicole Ramirez
Digital Marketing Manager
Kirsten is a very dedicated and hard working team member. Her innovative thoughts and drive to make ARi a well marketed and branded technology company is best in class! When given a task she always delivered without fail. She will roll up her sleeves and help in any group. Kirsten will excel in any opportunity presented!
– Chris Dewitt
Principal / Senior Director of Sales & Marketing
Kirsten is great at everything that she puts work into…whether it is social media work, photography, design, or helping us with our expansion efforts, Kirsten is a phenomenal talent. Hard working, talented, and gifted with a great sense of creativity, she would be a great asset to any team. No matter the task, she asserts 100% of her effort and finishes whatever it is with a professionalism not seen by others her age. Whenever she is around, good work is sure to be done by not only her, but everyone as she is able to inspire whomever she is working with or for. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to hire her and would let them know that they are acquiring an extremely valuable asset to their team.
– Matthew Lakics
Kirsten was such a joy and inspiration to work for while at ARi. She constantly made me feel so comfortable in a whole new world of Marketing! She challenged me to continually expand my skills while completing my internship as well as taught me so many new skills that I will continue to apply in my future. She is a true inspiration to me as she took a chance on the girl with no experience what so ever and turned her into a successful intern. She will take on any task as it comes her way and she will do it with grace. I cannot recommend her enough!
– Ashley Deckelman
I have worked with Kirsten in various marketing roles and have always been impressed with both the finished product and her work ethic. She has creative ideas and does amazing work at the tactical level to get those ideas turned into action. She has a strong grasp of traditional and digital forms of marketing – excelling at social media marketing. If I were in a position to hire a marketing specialist, I would hire Kirsten in a heartbeat!
– Jill Addy Wright
Director of Sales
Kirsten is am amazing digital marketing professional who has all the skills, expertise, and dedication needed to build and enhance brands. She concepts, develops and deploys digital marketing strategies that resonate with their intended audiences and generate response for positive ROI. Kirsten is an amazing professional who would be a welcome addition to any company that needs a proven digital marketing professional who builds brands and generates revenues. She always has a smiling face and calm demeanor, even during times of stress, and this resonates with her co-workers.
– Kevan Wilkinson
Digital Content Manager & SEO Specialist
Kirsten has a great instinct marketing ideas on digital platforms. She is extremely proactive in her approach. She is a ‘go getter’. Kirsten also has great organizational skills and knows how to manage her time well. She has proven to be very capable and dependable individual.
– Ravi Gudapati
President & CEO
I had the privilege of working with Kirsten on many marketing projects as a co-owner of Limelight Eventplex, a 1500 cap music and entertainment venue located in Peoria, IL. Kirsten went above and beyond every time, and provided us with excellent service throughout or time working together. She takes great pride in her work and consistently exceeds quality of work expectations. Kirsten is not afraid to work extra hours and burn the midnight oil in order to get the job done. I cannot offer a higher recommendation, and if you have the chance to work with her or hire her, you definitely should not hesitate to do so!
– Devin Birch
Co-Owner + President
Kirsten is a very talented individual that greatly helped our business in the time that she was around! She assisted in so many areas and was quick to jump head on into projects she was assigned that I have no hesitation that she can do just about anything she wants. Most notably, she was instrumental conducting market research for us compared to our competitors. She also helped tremendously in our human resources endeavors to bring our campus program along. In addition to all of these roles, she was instrumental in raising the profile of our marketing deliverables via her great photography work and experience with modeling. Without hesitation, I endorse Kirsten as a great and highly motivated individual ready to learn.
– Derek Oddo
Senior Marketing Designer
Kirsten has shown maturity that is beyond her experience level. Kirsten has successfully completed and exceeded her stated expectations while working in a challenging remote environment. I have been impressed with Kirsten’s varied abilities that include good written communication, creative thinking, graphic design, time management, and hard work. She has a eye for the ‘new’ while keeping in step with strong traditional approaches to business and marketing.
– John Searby